County League Formats & Groupings 2023
County Leagues formats and groups for 2023 can be viewed below.
A fully integrated League programme will be in place for 2023, incorporating teams in the county in one overall structure. The new league structure will consist of County Senior Leagues and Divisional Junior Leagues which will allow progression between both levels. There will be no Regional or County Junior Leagues.
The Senior Leagues will consist of seven divisions, in both Hurling and Football, each with ten teams, with the exception of Divisions 6 and 7 which will have 8 teams each. The Divisional Junior Leagues will run, as before. League and Championship grading are hereby largely decoupled.
All group stage games will be scheduled for 11.30am each Sunday but can be changed by agreement.
In all seven Divisions the top two teams will meet in a League Final, with both teams being promoted. The bottom two teams in each Division will be relegated. The bottom two teams in Division 7 of both the Hurling and Football Leagues will be relegated to their respective Divisional Junior League and will be replaced by the winners of the respective Divisional Junior League to which the bottom team is relegated, and/or the County Junior A Championship winners.
Please note the following points:
- There will be no County or Regional Junior Leagues.
- Division 6, which had 12 teams has now been reduced to 8 teams with the remaining teams assigned to a new Division 7, also with 8 teams.
- In order to assemble the required 8 teams here, entry will be granted to a further five Junior A teams whereby they would play in the Senior League Division 7, instead of their respective Divisional League. They would still retain their place in their own Divisional Junior Championships, without playing in the corresponding Divisional League.
- An opportunity to enter will be granted, based on progression in Divisional Junior Championships in 2022. If those same teams also previously expressed an interest in County Junior Leagues, they will automatically be granted entry on request. Only one team per Division will be granted entry, ensuring the minimum impact on Divisional Leagues.
- At the end of 2023, the bottom two teams in Division 7 of both the Hurling and Football Leagues will be relegated to their respective Divisional Junior Leagues.
- The bottom team will be replaced by the winner of the same Divisional Junior League to which they are relegated. The second bottom team will be replaced by the County Junior A Championship winners. If the County Junior A Championship winners are already in the County Senior Leagues, the second bottom placed team will instead be replaced by the winner of the same Divisional Junior League to which they are relegated. If any team withdraws or if two teams from the same Division are relegated, the same principle will follow. Their place will go to the next best placed team from their Division, ensuring that Divisional Leagues will also have even numbers.
- League Groupings are listed below.
Following the closing date for entries to Division 7, please see the completed League Groupings for 2023 below:
Red FM County Senior Hurling Leagues 2023
Cork Credit Unions County Senior Football Leagues 2023