Join the SuperValu Páirc Uí Chaoimh Voluntary Stewarding Team
Cork GAA are taking Expressions of interest to join the SuperValu Páirc Uí Chaoimh Voluntary Stewarding Team. Closing date Sunday 7th January 2024.
To be part of the match day action, the following criteria is required:
- Aged 18 years or older
- Available midweek and/or weekends
- Active and enthusiastic
- Customer focused
- An interest in GAA
Role of Voluntary Stewards on event days
The main role of a volunteer safety steward is to maintain a safe and secure environment in your given area and to be familiar with the stadium ground regulations, ensuring that any breach of these regulations is brought to a safe conclusion.
- Crowd control – sideline duty, stand vomitories, crowd management, reporting any potential incidents or incidents which have occurred to the relevant supervisor.
- Emergency procedures – e.g. assisting with stadium evacuation
- Traffic management – assisting with traffic management and parking
- Customer care – usher and assist patrons, disability awareness assistance, direct patrons to designated smoking areas, catering units, stadium facilities and recycling banks
- Media – assist with photographers and reporters
- Match day miscellaneous – dressing rooms, players’ tunnel duties, security etc.
The process to become a team member:
- Click on the New Stewards button
- Once accepted you will be required to be Garda Vetted.
- On completion and clearance of Garda Vetting you will be invited to participate in a Steward training course, which is accredited by the GAA National Facilities, Health & Safety Committee.
- You will then be asked to attend an induction (these are held on match days and include a tour and a couple of hours stewarding).
Voluntary Stewards are not paid in monetary terms. However, every event day they are provided with refreshments and a free match day programme.
For further information please contact SuperValu Páirc Uí Chaoimh Event Controller at email@example.com