“Be Ready to Play Programme” following last week’s announcement (https://www.gaa.ie/news/ground-breaking-be-ready-to-play-coaching-programme-launched/).
Coach Education are running a live launch webinar on Tuesday March 2nd at 7pm via Microsoft Teams. It would be great if you can join us, just click on the link below:
Speakers for the launch include:
- Shane Flanagan – GAA`s Director of Coaching and Games
- Aoife Lane – Chair of the Gaelic Games Sports Science Workgroup and Head of Department of Sport and Health Sciences, AIT
- Des Ryan – Lead of the Gaelic Games Athletic Development Workgroup and Head of Sports Medicine and Athletic Development, Arsenal FC
Could I ask that you do the following to help to promote the programme ahead of launch:
- Liaise with the county PRO and post regular information on your county social media pages using the article link above and programme image (attached and below)
- Send webinar link to each of your clubs for distribution to players, coaches and parents
Registration begins through the GAA eLearning site on March 3rd https://learning.gaa.ie/bereadytoplay
The GAA Be Ready to Play Programme is a Coaching and Sports Science programme, supported by UPMC Healthcare, that will be delivered via webinars, online training programmes, instructional videos and live sessions. This is a holistic programme supporting male and female youth and adult players, and coaches during their return to training post Covid and building up to playing games again, therefore encompassing the full playing season. We aim to educate coaches and players by providing an evidence informed programme. This will hopefully result in increased enjoyment, performance, participation and reduced injury risk.
The Programme will include –
- Athletic Development Programmes updated fortnightly through the GAA website (Instructional Video & Live Sessions in collaboration with Setanta College)
- Monthly focussed Coach Education webinars (Gaelic Games Coaching Specialists & Guests)
- Monthly Sports Science support webinars (all Sports Science Discipline covered)
Our goal is to sign up as many Gaelic Games Coaches and players as possible and support return to play while providing a lasting educational and support resource for Gaelic Games.