Candidates interested in the role can apply by submitting an up-to-date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on Monday May 31st.
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and in excess of 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired by its amateur status and supported by the voluntary efforts of all its members, the GAA devotes its entire resources to the development of Gaelic Games and Culture nationally and in local communities.
Coiste Chontae Chorcaí CLG/Cork County GAA Committee (County Committee) is now seeking a suitably qualified professional, to fill the role of Commercial Director with responsibility for commercial management in County Cork. The successful candidate will be primarily based in Páirc Ui Chaoimh and will report to the Cork GAA CEO and will be responsible for providing commercial leadership and insights, to enable Cork GAA to deliver on its strategic objective of maximising commercial opportunities, while delivering financial stability and creating a future sustainable organisation.
Duties shall include but shall not be limited to:
- Develop the role of the Commercial Director within the vibrant and dynamic team based in Páirc Uí Chaoimh and act as the main point of contact for all existing and potential Commercial opportunities across Cork GAA;
- Negotiate and manage the current and future sponsorship/commercial agreements/client requirements for all major competitions, teams, stadium naming rights, premium seats and all other opportunities for commercial partnerships across Cork GAA;
- Develop and grow the Rebels’ Bounty fundraising project in partnerships with the Clubs and County Executive;
- Build a strong and accessible database of current and potential clients, sponsors and corporate partners within the Cork region and further afield;
- Develop effective business relationships with all public relations bodies and multimedia, especially television, radio and print media, and various sponsors, in line with Association policy and objectives;
- Develop and deliver “impact” advertising space both in-stadium as part of main sponsorship relationships and a range of high-visibility options, positioned at key locations around Páirc Uí Chaoimh and Páirc Uí Rinn;
- Provide full support to Cork GAA and its sub-committees, particularly One Cork, as delegated by the Cork GAA CEO under the commercial function;
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Cork GAA CEO.
- Third Level Qualification in a Business-related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a marketing or commercial role;
- Commercially aware with the ability to operate at a Senior Level and provide valuable financial insights;
- Proven successful experience in procurement and negotiation of commercial partnerships and sponsor relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience of building strong business relationships and working with multiple stakeholders;
- Resilient and capable of dealing with pressurised situations and deadlines.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and ability to negotiate change within the organisation.
- Ability to manage people/resources and build and sustain good team relationships and manage conflict;
- Strong organisational and analytical capabilities with attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience of effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines; evidence of adopting a hands-on approach to getting things done;
- Excellent administrative and IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems such as Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Enthusiastic and committed self-starter with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- A passion for Gaelic Games and an understanding of the unique structures of the GAA;
- Knowledge and understanding of Cork GAA;
- Possess a deep understanding of the commercial aspects of sport.
Candidates interested in the above role can apply by submitting an up-to-date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 3pm on Monday, May 31st .
Cork GAA is an equal opportunities employer.