All-Ireland U20 Hurling Final

Cork will meet Dublin in U20 All-Ireland Final in Nowlan Park on Saturday July 10. The game will throw-in at 7:15pm.

This will be Cork 15th U20 final, third All-Ireland Final in a row but are looking for our first title since 1998.

Dublin are looking for their first title at this grade but have played in 4 finals to date.

Team Announcement

Team will be announced on Thursday at 8pm on .

Full Panel of players

Aaron Walsh Barry, Alan Connolly, Brian Hayes, Brian O Sullivan, Brian Roche, Ciaran Joyce,Cillian O Donovan, Colin O Brien, Conor O Callaghan, Cormac O Brien, Daire Connery, Daire O Leary, Daniel Hogan, Darragh Flynn, Darragh Moran, Declan Hanlon, Diarmuid Kearney, Donal Maher, Eoin Carey, Eoin Davis, Eoin Roche, Ethan Twomey, Fenton Denny, Jack Cahalane, Kevin Moynihan, Liam Ryan, Luke Horgan, Owen McCarthy, Padraig Power, Robbie Cotter, Sam Quirke, Sean Twomey, Shane Barrett, Shane O Reagan, Tommy O Connell



Match Coverage 

The game will be broadcast live on TG4, C103 will broadcast the game live on radio. Their will be updates on RedFm and 96fm. Cork GAA will have updates on our social media channels

Cork Management Team

Pat Ryan (Sarsfields) – Manager

Donal O’ Mahony (Bishopstown)

Brendan Coleman (Youghal)

Fergal Condon (Aghada)

Wayne Sherlock (Blackrock)



Watch the Munster Final back here 


Match report from Munster U20 Final

Bord Gais Energy Munster Under 20 Hurling Championship Final


By Denis Hurley at Pairc Ui Chaoimh

A late surge from Cork, which put them six points clear of Tipperary, was enough to secure the Bord Gáis Energy Munster Under 20 title at Páirc Uí Chaoimh, despite the visitors giving themselves hope with a goal at the death.

While Cork had led by 0-13 to 0-11 as the second-half water-break, points just before and just after the stoppage from Andrew Ormond tied matters for the first time since the opening half. It asked a question of Cork but they had the lead again thanks to a superb point from Shane Barrett, his fifth, and Daire Connery’s free from distance restored the two-point advantage.

In the 58th minute, they were five clear as a low ball across goal from sub Seán Twomey was picked up by another replacement, Brian O’Sullivan, and though his shot was saved by Aaron Browne, a third sub, Jack Cahalane, was on hand to fire the rebound to the net.

When Cahalane landed a free in injury time, it was 1-16 to 0-13, the biggest lead of the game up to that stage but Tipp, the defending Munster and All-Ireland champions, didn’t give up easily. After Ormond got his third point of the night, he struck for a goal in the 63rd minute following Eoin Davis’s stop to deny Keith Ryan, but no further chances presented themselves for Tipp.

Cork – beaten by Tipp in the last Under 21 final in 2018 and the first Under 20 decider in 2019 – are now in a third straight final, awaiting Leinster champions Dublin or Galway, with January 9/10 the scheduled date.

They were able to afford a slow start here, with Devon Ryan putting Tipp 0-2 to 0-0 ahead early on, but Cork soon found their rhythm and Darragh Flynn and Barrett had them level with a pair of well-worked points and Alan Connolly put them ahead with a pair of frees.

With Eoin Carey impressing in midfield, they moved 0-8 to 0-4 in front when Colin O’Brien got his second point in the 22nd minute but Tipp came back well, led by the long-distance free-taking of captain Eoghan Connolly.

It was 0-10 to 0-9 for Cork at half-time and they couldn’t shake free of Tipp in the third quarter – in fact, Tipp should probably have had a goal but Kevin Maher was penalised for over-carrying when he was through and Ormond was denied by a Davis save.

In the closing stages, Cork made their push and, ultimately, it was sufficient to ensure the win.

Scorers for Cork: Shane Barrett 0-5, Alan Connolly 0-4 (4fs), Jack Cahalane 1-1 (1f), Colin O’Brien 0-3, Brian Roche, Daire Connery, Darragh Flynn 0-1 each.

Scorers for Tipperary: Andrew Ormond 1-3, Devon Ryan 0-5 (3fs), Eoghan Connolly 0-4 (4fs), Kian O’Kelly, Conor Bowe 0-1 each.

CORK: Eoin Davis; Conor O’Callaghan, Eoin Roche, Aaron Walsh Barry; Daire Connery, Ciarán Joyce, Daire O’Leary; Tommy O’Connell, Eoin Carey; Brian Roche, Darragh Flynn, Brian Hayes; Colin O’Brien, Alan Connolly, Shane Barrett.

Subs: Shane O’Regan for Connolly (41), Jack Cahalane for Hayes (44), Seán Twomey for Flynn (45), Brian O’Sullivan for Carey (50), Pádraig Power for O’Brien (56).

TIPPERARY: Aaron Browne; Éanna McBride, Darragh Flannery, Johnny Ryan; Conor Whelan, Eoghan Connolly, Ray McCormack; Kevin Maher, Kevin McCarthy; James Devaney, Andrew Ormond, Kian O’Kelly; Gearóid O’Connor, Devon Ryan, Conor Bowe.

Subs: Seán Ryan for O’Kelly (48), Max Hackett for Devon Ryan (49), Keith Ryan for McCarthy (60).

REFEREE: Johnny Murphy (Limerick).


Match report from Munster U20 Semi-Final

Incredible extra-time scoring burst puts Cork into Munster final

A Limerick rally forced extra-time, but Pat Ryan’s side went up a gear

Munster U20 HC semi-final: Cork 2-29 Limerick 0-21 (AET) 

After a 54-day lay-off from competitive action, Pat Ryan’s Cork U20 hurlers could not have asked for much more from this Munster semi-final.

The result, of course, was the most important item, but in this stop-start of seasons where momentum is hard built and opportunities thin on the ground for counties to test themselves in a match environment, there was ample learning for Cork to glean from this 80-minute examination ahead of the provincial decider, against Tipperary or Waterford, on December 23.

The starting team the Cork management put out for the Munster final is likely to look a great deal different to the one which began Saturday’s extra-time victory such was the impact exerted by those who came in off the bench at LIT Gaelic Grounds.

Four Cork subs – Brain Hayes, Colin O’Brien, Shane O’Regan and Brian O’Sullivan – contributed 1-12 in total, a tally that was central to the winners powering clear of Limerick in extra-time. Indeed, of the 1-15 Cork registered during the two 10-minute periods of extra-time, 1-10 was supplied by players wearing shirts numbered 19 or higher.

Raising their hand highest for inclusion from the off on December 23 were Colin O’Brien and Brian Hayes. The latter struck 1-4 from play during the 35 minutes he was on the field, while O’Brien cut over three sidelines in a five-minute spell. Also deserving of mention is Shane O’Regan. The Watergrasshill youngster, who is one of seven players still around from last year’s team, clipped two from play when introduced.

Cork's Brian Roche shoots under pressure from Limerick's Jimmy Quilty. Picture: INPHO/Ken Sutton

Cork’s Brian Roche shoots under pressure from Limerick’s Jimmy Quilty. Picture: INPHO/Ken Sutton


“We knew we had a very strong bench. Fellas came on and hurled very well,” said Cork manager Pat Ryan.

“Colin O’Brien was very disappointed not to start. He has got fierce talent. Brian Hayes is a fella who was involved with the Cork [U20] footballers, came into us after and has shown great promise as a hurler. I think sometimes he thinks he is a footballer playing hurling, but I think he is equally good at both.” Also pleasing Ryan was the attitude his players showed in the first period of extra-time.

Having failed to hold onto a four-point lead towards the end of the regulation hour, Cork were in no way perturbed by their failure to get the job done at the first time of asking and sped clear of Paul Beary’s Limerick when winning the first period of extra-time by 0-8 to 0-2. This onslaught continued apace upon the quick change of ends, Cork winning the second period 1-7 to 0-2.

The 1-15 Cork hit in the 20 minutes of extra-time was a point greater than the 1-14 they managed during the first hour.

“Delighted with the win, delighted with the attitude. We asked the lads to go out and respect the jersey, and they did that for the 80 minutes,” Ryan continued.

“We hurled very well in patches, definitely hurled very well in extra-time, and hopefully that will stand to us going forward to the Munster final.” A well-worked Shane Barrett goal helped Cork to a 1-7 to 0-4 interval lead, but the second-half belonged to a Limerick side playing their first championship game of 2020.

Points from Bryan Nix, Josh Considine, Cathal O’Neill, and Cormac Ryan (free) cut the gap to two within four minutes of the restart. And while Limerick continued to enjoy the upper hand thereafter, the hosts were unable to gain parity. Three-in-a-row from Cork pushed their lead back out to four in the 56th minute, but four Aidan O’Connor frees brought Limerick level for the first time in the 63rd minute – 1-14 to 0-17 – and meant extra-time was required.

Concluded Ryan: “Maybe the extra 20 minutes is good for fellas going forward. We’ve had no match since the Kerry game [on October 19]. We brought 24 players up here and [23] of them got a game so that is great going home. A lot of fellas got to represent Cork, which is a huge day in their career.”

Scorers for Cork: B Hayes (1-4); S Barrett (1-3); A Connolly (0-6, 0-4 frees); C O’Brien (0-5, 0-3 sc); D Connery (0-4, 0-4 frees); B Roche, T O’Connell (0-1 free), S O’Regan (0-2 each); B O’Sullivan (0-1 free).

Scorers for Limerick: A O’Connor (0-8, 0-7 frees); C O’Neill (0-5); C Ryan (0-3, 0-3 frees); D O’Shea (0-2, 0-1 free); J Considine, B Nix, M McCarthy (0-1 each).

Cork: E Davis (St Catherine’s); C O’Callaghan (Dromtarriffe), E Roche (Bride Rovers), A Walsh Barry (Carrigtwohill); D Connery (Na Piarsaigh), C Joyce (Castlemartyr), D O’Leary (Watergrasshill); S Quirke (Midleton), T O’Connell (Midleton); E Carey (Kilworth), S Twomey (Courcey Rovers), B Roche (Bride Rovers); S Barrett (Blarney), J Cahalane (St Finbarr’s), A Connolly (Blackrock).

Subs: B O’Sullivan (Kanturk) for Twomey (HT); B Hayes (St Finbarr’s) for Carey (45); P Power (Blarney) for Cahalane (47); D Flynn (Ballygiblin) for O’Connell (48); S O’Regan (Watergrasshill) for Quirke (52); C O’Brien (Liscarroll/Churchtown) for B Roche (60); C O’Brien (Newtownshandrum) for Joyce (88); F Denny (Ballincollig) for O’Callaghan (79).

Limerick: J Gillane (Patrickswell); J Quilty (Blackrock), B O’Grady (Kilteely/Dromkeen), B Herlihy (Castletown/Ballyagran); M Quinlan (Garryspillane), C Ryan (Doon), C Coughlan (Ballybrown); K Bonnar (Bruff), J Considine (Patrickswell); C Downes (Kildimo Pallaskenry), D O’Shea (Garryspillane), J Ryan (Doon); A O’Connor (Ballybrown), C O’Neill (Crecora Manister), B Nix (Newcastlewest).

Subs: M Keane (Adare) for Bonnar (HT); S Long (Na Piarsaigh) for O’Shea, M McCarthy (Templeglantine) for J Ryan (both 46); D O’Leary (Bruff) for Downey (52); C Carroll (Patrickswell) for Considine (60); J Considine (Patrickswell) for Quinlan (70); B Purcell (Doon) (70); J Nicholas (Monaleen) for O’Connor (75).

Referee: R McGann (Clare).

Munster Q-Final Match report

Dáire O’Leary shines as Cork U20s defeat Kerry

Report by Murt Murphy for the Irish Examiner newspaper

Munster U20HC quarter-final: Cork 2-24 Kerry 2-10

Cork advanced to play Limerick next Monday night in the Munster U20 Hurling Championship with a routine 14-point win over Kerry.

Kerry had moved up from the B grade for 2020 and can be proud of their performance against the 2019 All-Ireland runners-up at Austin Stack Park.

Kerry matched their opponents in the opening quarter, at which point Cork held a slender 0-4 to 0-3 lead. Michael Slattery and Dan Casey got the first two points for the Kingdom as it took Cork most of the quarter to settle.

Two points from the excellent Tommy O’Connell and a sublime effort from the wing by Shane O’Regan saw Cork edge in front, and they were never subsequently headed.

Wing-back Darragh Slattery and O’Connell traded scores and Michael Slattery levelled again after a fine run and point but Cork had returned from the water break with fire in their bellies.

Five unanswered points from Brian O’Sullivan, man of the match Dáire O’Leary (0-2), and one each from O’Connell and Eoin Carey saw Cork move 0-9 to 0-4 in front and by half-time Cork led 0-11 to 0-6.

Kerry stuck to Cork’s coattails for long periods of the second half. Six third-quarter points should have settled the issue but two Michael Slattery points and a free that went all the way to the net meant that Cork’s lead was only marginally increased by the end of the third quarter, 0-17 to 1-7.

Brian Roche restarted with a goal and once Pat Ryan ran his bench, Cork pulled clear. Substitute Brian Hayes scored 1-2, but not before Kerry’s Nathan Guerin had found the Cork net to reduce the gap to ten.

Cork had nine different scorers and their class was always going to see them through, though Kerry’s gusty performance surprised more than a few.